Re: nobody cared about IRQ 19 (firewire, on a HP 2510p notebook)

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Tue Apr 01 2008 - 03:21:29 EST

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2008-03-31 12:17]:
> > > I've attached all of that information.
> >
> > Do you have CONFIG_NET_POLL_CONTROLLER enabled in your .config ? If
> > yes, can you please disable it and check whether the problem persists ?
>
> CONFIG_NET_POLL_CONTROLLER was indeed set. When I disable it, the
> problem goes away.
>
> What does that mean?

E1000e does in e1000_netpoll():

disable_irq(adapter->pdev->irq);
enable_irq(adapter->pdev->irq);

The network card interrupt is rerouted to a legacy interrupt on
irq_disable(), in your case irq 19.

Sigh, there is not much we can do about that...

@Jon: Any idea ? Can you please gather some more info about that
oddity. It will come back... :(

Thanks,

tglx