Re: atyfb rmmod & vram crash, 2.6.24, 2.6.25-rc8

From: Denys Fedoryshchenko
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 06:19:34 EST

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:23:36 +0300, Ville wrote
> This region is always 16MB regardless of how much actual RAM is on
> the card.
Yes, you are right.
There is 4 chips KM4132G512Q10, each 16Mbit, so it is 8192Kbyte.

> The vram paramter takes KB not MB.
>
> Why do you want to override it anyway? It seems to detect the amount
> of RAM just fine.
On some settings it was enough, it was my mistake to try set it to higher
value. But in fact it is difficult to find any documentation, that value is in
Kbyte. Probably at least it have to be documented to be visible in modinfo.

> Does this only happen after the failure caused by the bad vram parameter?
Yes, only by bad vram parameter.

--
Denys Fedoryshchenko
Technical Manager