Re: cgroup_disable=memory for 2.6.25?

From: KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 21:14:26 EST

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 13:41:53 -0700
Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 01:57:14 +0530
> Balbir Singh <balbir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I expected those patches to make it into 2.6.25.
>
> My mind-ray receptors might need a tune-up.
>
> > Could we please push these patches upstream before 2.6.25? Or is it too late?
>
> Should be OK. I borrowed a bit of Hugh's email and stuck it in the changelog
> so that it at least has some attempt to describe why it's an urgent change.

For example. Unix bench's execl test result on x86_64 was

== just after boot without mounting any cgroup fs.==
mem_cgorup=off : Execl Throughput 43.0 3150.1 732.6
mem_cgroup=on : Execl Throughput 43.0 2932.6 682.0
==

I believe this is worth ot be urgent.

I'm now trying performance improvement patches but it's too late.

Thanks,
-Kame