[kbuild, arch/arm] - kernel images do not reflect changed .config

From: Simon Braunschmidt
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 09:41:49 EST

Hi

Problem:
After changing anything in the .config, updated objects get only into
arch/arm/boot/Image but not into the other targets.

Steps to reproduce:
-checkout clean 2.6.24
-change in Makefile:
ARCH=arm
CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- (codesourcery toolchain to
support armv7 (cortex a8))
then:
#make integrator_defconfig (I tried integrator_defconfig and
omap_osk_5912_defconfig)
#make uImage
#ls -la arch/arm/boot
#ls -la arch/arm/boot/compressed
-note the size of :
boot/Image
boot/zImage
boot/uImage
compressed/vmlinux
compressed/piggy.gz
compressed/piggy.o

-now change the .config, for example deactivate FP emulator and
binformat support
-save your .config
#make distclean
-restore your .config
#make uImage

only boot/Image and compressed/piggy.gz will have changed, even after
distclean. Weird.

Is this already fixed? I'm sorry I cannot check easily since i'm not
allowed to use git in my corporate environment. *duck*

Regards, Gruessla
Simon Braunschmidt