Re: 2.6.25-rc8-git5: Reported regressions from 2.6.24

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Apr 07 2008 - 21:28:21 EST

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Christian Kujau wrote:

> Q: Has a consensus been made already whether or not to release the next
> kernel version with still pending/unresolved regressions?

Heh. We've always had some pending/unresolved issues, and I think that as
out tracking gets better, there's likely to be more of them. A number of
bug-reports are either hard to reproduce (often including from the
reporter) or end up without updates etc.

So yes, I do end up releasing with pending issues, although I often try to
get a gut feel for what kind of severity we're talking about and not
release with *big* pending issues.

Linus