Re: [patch] e1000=y && e1000e=m regression fix

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 15:50:42 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We've got three thousand Kconfig options - it is clearly not realistic for users to keep such details in mind to avoid pitfalls.
Agreed -- hence the multiple announcements, including in this thread, to put said details into mind.

which part of "it took a kernel developer more than an hour to figure out why his laptop had a dead network interface" did you not understand? Whatever you did, it was not apparent to me. I dont follow every tiny detail of the e1000 driver family, nor do 99%+ [*] of our users.

You do follow LKML, where multiple announcements have and are being posted.

Jeff