Re: [Bug #10369] The never ending BEEEEP/__smp_call_function_maskwith 2.6.25-rc7

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Sun Apr 13 2008 - 16:02:38 EST

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> This message has been generated automatically as a part of a report
> of recent regressions.
>
> The following bug entry is on the current list of known regressions
> from 2.6.24. Please verify if it still should be listed.

The problem still persists and I have no clue at all what's the root
cause. The symptom is a stuck local apic timer interrupt as we have
seen it on those AMD X2 systems with C1E enabled. This box does not
advertise C1E, but the behaviour is the same.

Christian, it would be great if you could bisect the git tree so we
get an idea which patch is exposing this problem. My feeling is that
the problem itself is there with 2.6.24 as well but not
exposed. That's just a gut feeling and I could be wrong as usual.

Thanks,

tglx