Re: [2.6 patch] add include/asm-avr32/xor.h

From: Mike Frysinger
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 18:11:58 EST

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:46:40PM +0200, Sebastian Siewior wrote:
> > so most
> > xor.h files are identical copies and this is probably as bad as a
> > trailing white space :)
>
> I'm not sure whether it's worth spending my time discussing whether
> adding a config variable to 6 architectures is really better than
> adding trivial headers to 3 architectures...

long term robustness for new ports/codedrops indicates that having a
common header in linux/ and making arches opt-in via Kconfig/whatever
makes life a lot easier for everyone

everything builds by default with the generic C versions and arches
dont have to go through and figure out all the fun little stub files
they need to straight copy from other architectures ... they only have
to care if they want to implement an optimized version
-mike