Re: [patch] F_GETPATH implementation (rev 2)

From: Michael Kerrisk
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 02:34:53 EST

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Davide Libenzi wrote:
> >
> > This is a small patch to support BSD's F_GETPATH on Linux.
> > IMO the simplicity of the patch and the portability advantages makes it
> > worth it. I'll leave to others to further comments it.
>
> So, I'd like to know who (if anybody) really uses F_GETPATH.

Davide described this as "BSD's F_GETPATH". It's worth clarifying
that more accurately this is "MacOS's F_GETPATH". I can't find any
trace of F_GETPATH on Net/Open/FreeBSD, Solaris doesn't seem to have
it either, and none of the other systems I checked has it either.