Re: regression caused by: genirq: do not leave interupts enabledon free_irq

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 04:18:53 EST

* Yinghai Lu <yhlu.kernel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Do we think it's a bug in the RHEL 5.1 kernel? Even so, that's a
> > problem for the 2.6.25 kernel.
>
> it is RHEL 5.1 kernel problem, it has code for maskbit with msi there,
> but that does work...

addendum - basically the argument is: we should kexec conservatively -
i.e. we should leave as few assumptions and hw changes around as
possible. So restoring the MSI state is fair enough as a robustness fix,
even though only kexec to older kernels is affected.

clearly 2.6.26 material, not 2.6.25.

Ingo