Re: Bad network performance over 2Gbps

From: Anton Titov
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 18:37:32 EST

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 13:40 -0700, Kok, Auke wrote:
> Willy Tarreau wrote:
> 1) turn the in-kernel IRQBALANCE option off !
Actually it may be already removed. I remember it being under "Processor
type and features" and I currently cannot find it there for x86_64

> 2) use either the userspace `irqbalance` daemon or
> 3) set smp_affinity manually

I tried echoing 3 (assuming that CPU0 and CPU1 will share their cache,
as advised in other mails) into smp_affinity of all ethX interrupts and
no positive result was observed.

I will try disabling NAPI and limiting e1000 interrupts tomorrow.