Re: [newb] mmap pci

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Wed Apr 16 2008 - 09:52:50 EST

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:23:29 -0400
Neal Becker <ndbecker2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have a device - an FPGA board on PCI bus. It has a range of
> internal memory mapped to PCI. I want to expose this to user via
> mmap. Is there some example code someone could point me to?
>
> If this is not the best forum for such questions, what would be a
> better choice?

Hi,

if it's just a PCI bar, you can already memory map it without even writing a driver!
You can just use the sysfs files for this, for example
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/resource1

There's also a way to do this via the /proc representation of the PCI device..

Greetings,
Arjan van de Ven

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx