Re: [v2.6.26] what's brewing in x86.git for v2.6.26

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 05:06:49 EST

* Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> By keeping all this code out of -mm you haven't solved any of the
> merge/integration problems which we had in 2.6.24-rcX. They're all
> still there. All you did was to push them out of the two-month
> integrate-and-test period and put them into the 2.6.25 merge window
> instead.

... hm, i think there's really no problem here at all: most of the merge
problems you cited were due to clearly out-of-tree patches that sit in
x86.git/testing for the convenience of our testers and contributors,
that we have no intention to push upstream.

(Again, sorry about the terse shortlog which might have contributed to
this misunderstanding, that's all i could do yesterday evening.)

Ingo