Re: [v2.6.26] what's brewing in x86.git for v2.6.26

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 06:00:41 EST

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 02:19:35 -0700 (PDT) David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 01:54:25 -0700
>
> > linux-next ramped up across the 2.6.25-rc window and I wanted to give it
> > some time to see how it would pan out.
> > I don't know what you mena by this. But linux-next integrates only the
> > other subsystem trees and they have rarely caused me integration problems
> > against git-net.

There are maybe as many as 100 "subsystem trees" hosted in -mm. Stuff like
md, ipmi, tty, elf, keys, procfs, char drivers, nbd, fbdev, aoe, fuse, edac
and the list goes on.

Once I get -mm based on linux-next, the next step is to somehow feed those
trees (well, the "stable" parts thereof) back into linux-next while not
losing track of all the patches. I haven't a clue how I'll do this ;)

But I haven't thought about it much yet.