2.6.25-git1: Solid hang on HP nx6325 (64-bit)

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Sat Apr 19 2008 - 09:22:29 EST

Hi,

2.6.25-git1 hung solid on my HP nx6325 when I was trying to run KMail.

That happened after running it for several hours with a couple of suspend
and hibernation cycles in between, but I hadn't been doing anything unusual
with it.

Well, that has never happened since 2.6.25-rc1 (at least) on this box, so it
looks worrisome. I guess one of the x86 changes is responsible for it.

Thanks,
Rafael

--
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." - Donald Knuth