Re: [RFC] MMC multiwrite capability removal

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Sun Apr 20 2008 - 04:32:42 EST

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 19:34:12 -0700 (PDT)
Alex Dubov <oakad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> tifm_sd relies on controller to report the number of successfully transferred
> blocks. Of course, I cannot be sure to what extent the controller is
> trustworthy. It worked fine until now, though.

Sounds like a perfect example of when we have to report 0 upon
failures. I suspect most controllers will be like this as all the specs
I've glanced at lack the detail needed to implement a proper sector
count.

The problems caused by reporting incorrect values here are extremely
rare and difficult to provoke, so normal testing is not likely to
uncover it.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman