Re: [git pull] scheduler changes for v2.6.26

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 08:39:30 EST

* Frans Pop <elendil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > Ingo Molnar (12):
> > sched: re-do "sched: fix fair sleepers"
>
> Has the regression [1] that was traced to this change been fixed now?
>
> The regression was confirmed to be also present in sched-devel.git at
> the time of -rc8, so I'd expect it still to be valid unless of course
> the cause was found since then.

Peter reported a similar interactivity problem to be gone, so lets
re-try this again - the change makes sense and if you see problems it's
hiding something we really want to fix. It would be nice if you could
try sched-devel/latest because it has an improved ftrace "sched_switch"
tracer where you can generate much longer traces of this incident. Try
the new /debug/trace_entries runtime tunable.

Ingo