Re: 2.6.25-git2: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffffffffffffffff

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 13:07:12 EST

On 04/21/2008 06:54 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
Jiri - could you also confirm whether you are usign SLUB (which is not necessarily at all indicative of a SLUB bug itself - it's just that SLAB won't ever even merge different allocations of the same size into the same buckets, so if it's a cross-slab corruption, you'd simply never see it with SLAB).

Yeah, I'm using slub. Going to boot to slub_debug.

Thanks so far.

BTW. I haven't see this without suspend/resume cycle, do you, Rafael? It doesn't mean anything, since it needs longer time to trigger, but anyway, it might be a clue.