Re: Voyager phys_cpu_present_map compile error

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 16:07:19 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:

sure - but no need to be rude and mark it BROKEN when we've got this much better tool named "email". BROKEN is really just for cases where there's no-one willing to fix things.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to avoid putting an unnecessary burden on testers and just let Kconfig know not to pick this particular random path. Obviously, Kconfig doesn't care, but it's clear BROKEN has negative associations; besides, it really is unnecessarily strong.

Perhaps what we need is NORAND?

-hpa