[BUG REPORT, 2.6.22] e1000: detected tx unit hang

From: speedy
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 17:18:18 EST

Hello Linux crew,

I've just switched the

Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82545GM Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 01)

netword card to an NForce 2 based motherboard and after a day
of work it got stuck with "detected tx unit hang" messages
showing in the console.

The card worked flawlessly under load in a different computer
for two years now, under the same/similar Ubuntu operating system.

Unfortunaltly, the EEPROM fix from

http://e1000.sourceforge.net/doku.php?id=known_issues&DokuWiki=9502f399bc8cae1528c5e85d2bc423f6

from is not working/applicable:

root@backupserver:~# ./fixeep-82573-dspd.sh eth1
No appropriate hardware found for this fixup
root@backupserver:~#

/var/log/messages: http://87.230.23.147/messages.txt
/proc/interrupts: http://87.230.23.147/proc_interrupts.txt
lspci -vv: http://87.230.23.147/lspcivv.txt

If more info is needed, let me know.

Thanks!

ps. I don't follow the lists so please keep me in CC:

--
Best regards,
speedy mailto:speedy@xxxxxxxxx