Re: HID bus

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 19:05:54 EST

On 04/21/2008 03:36 PM, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:25:43AM +0200, Jiri Kosina wrote:
On Sun, 20 Apr 2008, Anssi Hannula wrote:

Why not just do something like

#define HID_DEVICE(vend, dev) \
.match_flags = USB_DEVICE_ID_MATCH_DEVICE | \
USB_DEVICE_ID_MATCH_INT_CLASS, \
.idVendor = (vend), \
.idProduct = (prod), \
.bInterfaceClass = USB_INTERFACE_CLASS_HID
(see linux/usb.h)

and use USB hotplugging?
Or do we plan to match against something else as well, such as hid
reports or something?
No, we plan to do matching based solely on VID/PID. The report-specific stuff is then handled between the specific driver and HID generic code.

Hmm, [ab]using USB modalias makes me a bit uneasy. What about bluetooth
HID devices?

I do agree, it won't be nice and abstract enough. Working on it, give me some time, please.