Re: linux-next: Linus' tree build breakage

From: Russell King
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 03:37:10 EST

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:31:11AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:
>
> drivers/mfd/htc-pasic3.c:22:31: error: asm/arch/pxa-regs.h: No such file or directory
>
> I have reverted commit 5dc3339aa5ba29593ea57814049ddca8c12831c8 ("[ARM]
> 4964/1: htc-pasic3: MFD driver for PASIC3 LED control + DS1WM chip") as
> the easiest thing.

That's known from the -mm tree since last week. It's not the only thing
that's wrong.

I had asked Linus on Monday morning _not_ to pull my tree because there's
various problems with it. Unfortunately, though Linus didn't see that
before he pulled it and I now have a rapidly growing set of fixes.

It will be towards the end of this week before I'll be able to finish
resolving the problems.

> Russell, this is why I would have liked you to participate in the
> linux-next tree ...

linux-next will not give me anything which -mm isn't giving me. As I
said in the discussion, linux-next value is _very_ small for me.

Sorry but true.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: