Re: [bisected] Latest git not seeing HD with sata_nv

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 21:51:26 EST

Roland Dreier wrote:
FWIW, the patch below also makes my box start working again... I have
no idea what the right fix is, given that bug 3352 mostly seems to be
about nforce2 and nforce3, and my box has a more modern nvidia chipset:

00:04.0 IDE interface [0101]: nVidia Corporation MCP55 IDE [10de:036e] (rev a1)

Anyway, it seems 305d2a1a broke the logic that nv_hardreset() relies on
when it doesn't let sata_sff_hardreset() set class.

Ah... okay now I see it. I neglected whole class of hardresets which was using &dummy as class. I'll verify and prep a patch soon. Thanks.

--
tejun