Re: [2.6 patch] select ATA_SFF

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Apr 23 2008 - 00:21:28 EST

Tejun Heo wrote:
Aik... We can do s/sff/tf/ and leave bmdma alone to avoid even more confusion but sff has meant tf base interface for quite some time now in libata and I think it'll be better to remember that sff is the new tf. Sorry about the mess.

This renaming was discussed at the time on lkml and linux-ide, the patches and git pushes were CC'd, and I do not recall these complaints being raised at the time.

At this point, it's too ingrained in libata. Another rename would IMO just cause more needless churn.

Jeff