Re: x86: 4kstacks default

From: Lennart Sorensen
Date: Wed Apr 23 2008 - 11:59:30 EST

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 02:15:01PM +0200, Romano Giannetti wrote:
> - vendor say "works" (and often is listed as works in the aforementioned
> sites too) independently if it works with an open source driver or not.
> As an example, all the nvidia-based graphics are marked "works".

The nv driver does work for all the nvidia cards as far as I know. Sure
you don't get 3D acceleration, but you do get working X.

But yes it is quite annoying when companies like highpoint (and others)
claim to support linux when all they have is binary blobs as part of their
"driver".

--
Len Sorensen