Re[2]: [BUG REPORT, 2.6.22] sata controler failure on nforce 2 chipset

From: speedy
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 20:56:09 EST

Hello Andrew,

Saturday, April 26, 2008, 8:11:08 AM, you wrote:

>> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 01:14:59 +0200 speedy <speedy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello Linux kernel crew,
>>
>> [Consider this more as a datapoint then a bug report, as after
>> one network and one sata/southbridge issues showing up
>> interminnently, the ASRock motherboard involved will be
>> scrapped for a different one]
>>
>> The integrated NVidia sata controller and/or the hard-drive has failed
>> during operation with the following output:

AM> 2.6.22 is rather old. Can you please retest 2.6.25?

Unfortunately not, the motherboard has been changed for a
different one in that server, as I needed to deploy it. The
system is now behaving properly.

If someone of the kernel developers is interested in toying with
an NForce 2 motherboard which probably overheats the southbridge
and crashes approx. once a day under I/O load, I could ask the
management to donate it.

It reproduces:

* "RX unit hang detected" in i1000 drivers
* SATA soft-raid (infinite?) HDD resetting loop

;)

Cheers!

--
Best regards,