Re: [2.6 patch] UTF-8 fixes in comments

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue Apr 29 2008 - 16:09:42 EST

Willy Tarreau wrote:

konsole works fine with UTF-8 (I use it that way every day); the most common cause of this kind of problems is people explicitly clobbering the locale or charset class defaults in their login scripts.

I really doubt the miss would have done this. Or someone would have done
it for her which I really doubt in such a small time frame after a fresh
install from the day before. I will investigate though.

From one of Alan's posts it sounds like there was a bug with multibyte characters in readline at some point that got fixed relatively quickly, but still made it out.

-hpa