Re: 2.6.25 new perfmon kernel patch + libpfm + pfmon available

From: stephane eranian
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 09:52:06 EST

If I recall, AMD said that this special initialization would eventually migrate
into the core kernel. The pci_read() may be there because it was not exported
by the kernel (this particular code lives in a kernel module).

If you think there is now enough support in the core kernel to do this
initialization
then I'd be happy to remove this piece of code.