Re: Slow DOWN, please!!!

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 18:50:59 EST

On Thu, 1 May 2008 00:35:09 +0200
Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> git-revert _kind of_ makes that possible too, but people still feel too
> personal about reverts - they take it as intrusion into their subsystem
> and regard it as an attack against their competence as a maintainer.

I'd question this. People often seem pretty happy to yank their stuff out
of there - it relieves ongoing embarrassment and it relieves time pressure
- they can have another go and get it right at their leisure.

Of course, reverting is easy. The hard part is often finding the thing
which needs to be reverted.