Re: Slow DOWN, please!!!

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 21:43:57 EST

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Andrew Morton wrote:

> eh? I argued the opposite: that increasing quality will as a side-effect
> slow things down.

Yes, my bad, I realized that when I read through my message and already
sent out a fix for my buggy email ;)

> If we simply throttled things, people would spend more time watching the
> shopping channel while merging smaller amounts of the same old crap.

I agree totally. And although some of the time would probably _also_ be
spent on the frustrating crap that was designed to do the throttling, that
isn't much more productive than watching the shopping channel would be ...

Linus