Re: Ingo, no more kconfig patches

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 08:00:41 EST

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 04:52:34AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I would really appreciate it if you could send the error message and
> > the .config but not quick kconfig patches that are often wrong and
> > that you try to push through the maintainers as you tried here.
>
> hey, sorry about invading your turf of trivial patches ;) I dont see it
> as a problem that the thought process and the initial patch is
> incomplete and ad-hoc. My preference is to work with people out in the
> open, even on trivial issues. Dmitry is a capable maintainer who
> understands his code very well and he'll resist me if i'm full of it.
> Just like i resisted you when you were full of it. That's what
> maintainers do, their job is to know their code.
>
> And, occasionally, as in this case, i might end up being faced with a
> bug in the code i maintain ;)

You completely miss my point.

You wrongly (and loudly) blamed Dmitry for something you broke yourself.

And if I hadn't stopped you pointing to what actually was broken you
might have annoyed Dmitry until he'd have merged your wrong patch.

I don't claim any knowledge about scheduler or x86 internals, but I
claim that I might be the person with the second-best understanding
of our kconfig files.

And I'd really prefer being able to take some time searching for a
correct solution over having to quickly defeat the mess you create
as I had here.

> Ingo

cu
Adrian