Re: Slow DOWN, please!!!

From: Jim Schutt
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 11:25:32 EST

Dmitri Vorobiev <dmitri.vorobiev <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Andrew Morton ÐÐÑÐÑ:
>

> >> The network setup in our
> >> organization is such that I can use git only over http from that server.
> >
> > Don't know what to do about that, sorry. An off-site git->http proxy might
> > work, but I doubt if anyone has written the code.

Maybe your organization's http proxy will let you
tunnel the git protocol through it?

GIT_PROXY_COMMAND as described in
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/archives/git/0605/20509.html
works for me, except I substitue "nc" for "socket" in the
proxy script.

I.e.:

export GIT_PROXY_COMMAND=/usr/local/bin/proxy-cmd.sh

where proxy-cmd.sh is:

#! /bin/bash
(echo "CONNECT $1:$2 HTTP/1.0"; echo; cat ) | \
nc my.proxy.com proxy_port | (read a; read a; cat )

In .git/config there's also

gitproxy = /usr/local/bin/proxy-cmd.sh

-- Jim