Re: 24rc8: unregister_netdevice: waiting for ... to become free

From: Roland
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 08:39:25 EST

> i`m also seeing this one, but with pcnet32 - "modprobe -r pcnet32" > never
> returns and
>
> "unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth0 to become free. Usage count = > 1"
>
> being printed over and over again
>
> lsmod |grep pcnet32 shows
>
> pcnet32 35828 0
> mii 9344 1 pcnet32
>
> i see stale ssh connection on port 22 and sshd for that session remains
> unkillable process.

here a bug

it seems it`s lapbether driver

reproduce:

on system with pcnet32 (vmware) do

modprobe pcnet32
modprobe lapbether
modprobe -r lapbether
modprobe -r pcnet32 -> hang -> unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth0 to become free

didn`t try with other nic`s, but i assume it`s independent from pcnet32

MODULE_AUTHOR("Jonathan Naylor <g4klx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>");
MODULE_DESCRIPTION("The unofficial LAPB over Ethernet driver");
MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");

ok, experimental one, so not a real problem, but CC`ing the Author.

regards
roland

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roland" <devzero@xxxxxx>