Re: Many open/close on same files yeilds "No such file or directory".

From: Jesper Krogh
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 11:20:22 EST

Jesper Krogh wrote:
I'd suspect that after 1e8 loops your CPU got too hot and started to
misbehave.

Hardware is an Sun Fire X4600 (8xdual-core AMD64 processors). The
problem seem to be tied to this filesystem. (I cannot havent been able
to reproduce it on the /-mounted disk of the same system. So if a cpu
problem.. then it shouldn't be tied to a specific filesystem?

This is the only activity on the system .. so a load of 1 / 16cpus.

I've tried to explore this suggestion (the best I could).

There are 2 ext3 filesystems locally mounted. / and this one. Running 16 parallel runs of this program on a file on the /-mounted filesystem cannot reproduce the problem. If it was linked to hot hardware, I believe I should be able to reproduce it this way. The servers are in a 17 degress serverroom.

It changes alot when.. it actually happens. The "earliest ones" has been from 200000 cycles.

Ive tried to upgrade.. so the system is now running a 2.6.24-16-server (Ubuntu/Hardy) kernel. But execpt from differnet output in uname, everything else seems to be the same.

All suggestions/ideas are welcome? The general feeling is that it wont change a thing to reformat the filesystem?

Jesper
--
Jesper