Re: Many open/close on same files yeilds "No such file or directory".

From: Jesper Krogh
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 11:22:11 EST

Jesper Krogh wrote:
Andrew Morton wrote:
I cannot reproduce it on other disks attached to the same server or on
other servers attached to similar disksystems.

I guess it would be interesting to remount that filesystem with `noatime'
to eliminate the last bit of I/O and block-=realted code.

It is allready mounted noatime:
/dev/mapper/fx1200_vg-fx1200_lv on /z/fx1200 type ext3 (rw,noatime)

Watching vmstat 1 while running the program confirms that there are absolutely no block i/o. Everything happens purely in the cache of the OS.

Jesper
--
Jesper