Re: Slow DOWN, please!!!

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 14:22:12 EST

"Lee Mathers (TCAFS)" <Lee.Mathers@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> to think about your posting before delivering it around the world.
> Not to be rude but do you know how dumb you look right now. There are
> many programs that while provide detailed memory usage reports. That
> would be a first step.

To be fair detailed memory analysis of user space can be tricky,
especially if you consider shared pages etc. And the standard tools for it
are actually not very good (would be a very interesting area for someone
to work on I think) Still the poster could have done much
more research before ranting, agreed.

-Andi