Re: git trees which are not yet in linux-next

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sat May 03 2008 - 00:54:28 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
On Fri, 02 May 2008 18:20:26 -0400
Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Andrew Morton wrote:
(Jeff, git-libata-all is a pretty important one)

libata-dev.git#NEXT is for linux-next, and libata-dev.git#ALL is for -mm

Already taken care of.

Oh. Something seems to have gone wrong then.

Next/Trees has:

libata git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev.git#NEXT

but:

y:/usr/src/25> diffstat patches/linux-next.patch | grep /ata/ y:/usr/src/25>

There's nothing there?

Correct. There is presently nothing waiting for linux-next.

(plans for git-jg-misc?)

That's an ever-present bucket with ever-changing contents. I put stuff in there when I have things for -mm testing, and hopefully, eventually upstream.

Sometimes jgarzik/misc-2.6.git#ALL might be empty (like libata-dev#NEXT is now), sometimes not.

The general point is to make sure both you and Stephen are pulling the right branches, which is sounds like you are.

Jeff