Re: Suspend to memory is freezing my machine

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sun May 04 2008 - 13:37:58 EST

Jacek Luczak wrote:
Rafael J. Wysocki pisze:
On Sunday, 4 of May 2008, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
Hello
Hi,

With recent 2.6.25 & 2.6.26-rc1 git (around 1 week) I get occasionally
complete freeze of my T61 during suspend. (dual core, 2GB).
How reproducible is this?

I'm running kernel with no_console_suspend - but all I can see is
blinking cursor on an empty screen - thus even when I run kernel with
most debug options turned on, I can't pass more details so far. I run
suspend with with SD card in - so maybe some update in the MMC driver
might be responsible for this ?

Also - I think that option no_console_suspend doens't work correctly -
as many times with suspend I do not see any log message on my console
screen. However sometimes the log is shown.
It would be helpful if you could verify if:

(1) The problem occurs without no_console_suspend.
(2) The problem occurs without the SD card.

Hi Rafael,

same problem here, although I was able to resume system (it's basically Intel
machine) , but it was unusable - I was able to switch between terminals and see
output from kernel. So there was:
- Disabling irq #19;
- some kind of lock spinning on disk:
IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage
Controller IDE (rev 02)
but I can't provide more output of that lock now - no sign in logs.

I've made some successful suspend/resume all without sound card active without
problem. Those appear with sound card active, but I must take closer look - will
send info later.

Can you post your dmesg and /proc/interrupts output from normal bootup ?