Re: kconfig - a suggestion how to fix the select issue

From: Rene Herman
Date: Sun May 04 2008 - 15:28:20 EST

On 04-05-08 09:10, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

Today we have two ways to express/solve dependencies.

Top-down we have "depends on"
and bottom up we have "select".

The "depends on" dependencies at the same
time impact the visibility of a symbol.
A symbol with "depends on" not satisfied are not
visible and thus not shown in menuconfig.

I've always really disliked the visibility thing. I believe it's not really the core issue here but regardless of anything else, could we not "grey out" non-selectable options with its helpt text still available? That's much more the standard UI paradigm.

Rene.