Re: API for changing UIDs of other processes

From: Enrico Weigelt
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 09:21:41 EST

* Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >Now I'd like to add an write capability to these files:
> >simply writing another number changes the (|s|fs)uid.
> >
> >But this doesnt seem that trivial. Perhaps someone could give
> >me some advice ?
>
> Not really hard, is it? Just look at something like oom_adj

Well, it's not that trivial than just an ro string file.
But not that hard as I first suspected :)

I've introduced a few new helpers for rw integers, which works
quite similar to the ro string stuff, but with anouther handler type.

I'll post a patch in the new testers list.

The next step is actually changing the uid. Can I just write
new values to the uid field(s) in the task struct or is there
something tricky about that ?

cu