Re: SLUB: Increasing partial pages

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 14:04:57 EST

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Christoph Lameter <clameter@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is also new code upstream now with significant changes that
> affect performance. It may not be worthwhile to continue with 2.6.24-rc8
> + patches.

Matthew, there are changes in 2.6.26-rc1 that might affect your
workload with SLUB:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/penberg/slab-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=c124f5b54f879e5870befcc076addbd5d614663f

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/penberg/slab-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=9b2cd506e5f2117f94c28a0040bf5da058105316

I would appreciate any updates where we currently stand with the
SLAB/SLUB performance regression on your TPC test. Thanks.

Pekka