Re: Ability to limit or disable page caching?

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 17:03:46 EST

Rik van Riel wrote:
On Mon, 5 May 2008 12:42:31 -0700
"Kevin Burton" <burton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What I want to do is either disable the page cache entirely or just
tell the OS to cache at max 10% of the available memory.

I have no such tunable in my code (yet), because I would like the
kernel to do the right thing automatically.

Given that the kernel doesn't currently do the right thing, what about providing a tuneable as a temporary fix for people that are currently having problems?

Or are you concerned that they will then not be as willing to test the automatic behaviour?

Chris