Re: Linux 2.6.26-rc1

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 17:04:36 EST

Alistair,

Sorry for not answering earlier, I got some days off (I still didn't read all messages from you - I'm flooded of messages here).

I have DVB_CORE=n and VIDEO_DEV=y. VIDEO_DEV is:

config VIDEO_DEV
tristate "Video For Linux"

So if you enable Video For Linux, the tuner-core is automatically built, even
if no tuners are selected? Surely that's wrong..

That is probably correct. Video For Linux is used for capturing video
streams. The fact that you can get this invalid config to fail to build
should be reported to the v4l folks and let them fix it up.

Yes, this is correct, if you select a board that supports tuner (for example, bttv, or cx88).

The error is that most tuners are dependent of I2C. The right fix seems to do this:

config MEDIA_TUNER
tristate
default (DVB_CORE || VIDEO_DEV) && I2C
depends on (DVB_CORE || VIDEO_DEV) && I2C

VIDEO FOR LINUX
P: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
M: mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
M: v4l-dvb-maintainer@xxxxxxxxxxx
L: video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
W: http://linuxtv.org
T: git kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/v4l-dvb.git
S: Maintained

Thanks,
Robin

--