Re: bad pmd ffff810000207808(9090909090909090).

From: OGAWA Hirofumi
Date: Tue May 06 2008 - 19:07:18 EST

Willy Tarreau <w@xxxxxx> writes:

>> I see. I'm not sure, but I didn't notice this soon, maybe it worked as
>> almost usual.
>
> I got immediate same feeling as Jan here. It looks very much like someone
> has tried to inject code into your system. The problem is that you don't
> know if this finally succeeded. Maybe some backdoor is now installed in
> your kernel. If I were you, I would isolate the machine, reboot it on CD
> and check MD5s (particularly the ones of the kernel and modules) before
> rebooting it.

Hm.. I've checked md5sum as far as I can do (/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.md5sums).
It seems to have no difference except data files.

And this machine is in back of firewall of other machine, and the kernel
is builded from source each every day or a hour or such.

So, it is unlikely...

Thanks.
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>