Re: Linux 2.6.26-rc1

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Tue May 06 2008 - 19:48:50 EST

I wrote:
Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
If you remove the select's for MSP3400, TVP5150 and SAA7113, at, em28xx, the module will compile without problems.

The only issue is that you won't be able to see any images (due to the lack of tvp5150 or saa7113 analog TV demoduler) or listen to the audio,
if the device needs msp3400 to decode audio.
[...]
Ah, now I understand. You use "select" to enable options which aren't actually a build requirement for the selecting option.

PS:
I believe the canonical way to express _runtime_ dependencies in Kconfig (in contrast to build dependencies) is not "select", but "help".
--
Stefan Richter