2.6.26, PAT and AMD family 6

From: Rene Herman
Date: Tue May 06 2008 - 21:48:05 EST

Good day.

On 2.6.25 and below, my /proc/cpuinfo looks like:

processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 6
model : 7
model name : AMD Duron(tm) Processor
stepping : 1
cpu MHz : 1312.969
cache size : 64 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow ts
bogomips : 2628.68
clflush size : 32

while on current mainline PAT and TS (Temperature Sensor) drop from the feature flags:

flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow

With respect to PAT, I guess it's 9307cacad0dfe3749f00303125c6f7f0523e5616, "x86: pat cpu feature bit setting for known cpus" but what's this about?

Did my cpuinfo lie upto this point or shouldn't the flag be cleared? The commit message for that change is completely and totally unhelpful.

Rene.