Re: Lost Sound from 2.6.24 to 2.6.25 -- CS4236 ISA

From: Pete Clements
Date: Tue May 06 2008 - 22:57:39 EST

Quoting Rene Herman

> There have been quite a few post .25 changes to PnP. Is there a difference
> between .24 and .25 or between .24/.25 on the one hand and .26-rc1-git4 on
> the other?
>
> Also, does using PNPACPI instead of PNPBIOS change anything?
>
> Rene.
> --

Had a cold reboot today, now 2.6.25 is working just like 2.6.24. Have rebooted
in and out of 25 multi time and all is fine. Nothing changed to my knowledge so
I can't explain, must have had something screwed up.

Problem does exist post 2.6.25, except just silence. Did manage to get the
cyclic noise back after removing pnp, failing a module load, and adding pnp
back with warm reboots.

System will not configure PNPACPI.

--
Pete Clements