Re: [2.6.25-git18 => 2.6.26-rc1-git1] Xorg crash with xf86MapVidMemerror

From: Rufus & Azrael
Date: Wed May 07 2008 - 16:58:57 EST

Pallipadi, Venkatesh a écrit :

-----Original Message-----
From: Rufus & Azrael [mailto:rufus-azrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 2:57 PM
To: Pallipadi, Venkatesh
Subject: Re: [2.6.25-git18 => 2.6.26-rc1-git1] Xorg crash with xf86MapVidMem error

Pallipadi, Venkatesh a écrit :

-----Original Message-----
From: Rufus & Azrael [mailto:rufus-azrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:32 AM
To: Ingo Molnar
Cc: Pallipadi, Venkatesh; Siddha, Suresh B; Linux-kernel
Mailing List

Ingo Molnar a écrit :
* Venki Pallipadi <venkatesh.pallipadi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Below is the patch to enable debug messages by a boot option "debugpat".
Hi all,

I have applied the patch from Ingo and I put my
dmesg/syslog/messages/Xorg.log files in attached to help you to identify
the problem (two mails).

Hope it can help you.

Did you use "debugpat" kernel boot option after applying
Ingo's patch?
With Ingo's patch, that option is needed to print more info
(Not needed with one line change I sent you yday).
Also, 'dmesg -s 256000' will not truncate the msg at 32K and
will give bigger dmesg output.
Thanks,
Venki

Hi,

Here is my dmesg.log file with CONFIG_X86_PAT=y and debugpat kernel boot option.

Is it helpfull ? :-).

Yes. This has some debug information in there. Did you see xf86MapVidMem error (I mean did you try to start X) before you captured this dmesg?

Thanks,
Venki

Hi all,

Yes, the error's message is in my Xorg.log file :-)

Regards.