Re: 2.6.25 pci=noacpi

From: Rene Herman
Date: Thu May 08 2008 - 07:49:45 EST

On 08-05-08 09:08, Richard wrote:

Rene Herman wrote:
On 29-04-08 08:53, Richard wrote:

Using an AMD Sempron notebook (HP Compaq 6715b) single processor machine, It shuts down during bootup when ACPI is fully enabled. I added pci=noacpi to the cmdline and it finally boots, but its extremely slow... (kdm times out with error saying it took too long to load and disables graphical)

Does booting with io_delay=0xed on the kernel command line fix it? If so, we need the output of

Tried the io_delay=0xed.... doesnt fix it. machine shuts down :-P

Blast. Sounded somewhat plausible given the original trouble with that
io_delay thing. Don't know then, sorry.

Rene.