Re: [git pull] scheduler fixes

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Thu May 08 2008 - 11:35:31 EST

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 05:10:28PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> also includes a scheduler arithmetics fix from Mike. Find the shortlog
> and diff below.
>
> Ingo
>
> ------------------>
> Mike Galbraith (1):
> sched: fix weight calculations

The commit description says:

<-- snip -->

This bug could be related to the regression reported by Yanmin Zhang:

| Comparing with kernel 2.6.25, sysbench+mysql(oltp, readonly) has lots
| of regressions with 2.6.26-rc1:
|
| 1) 8-core stoakley: 28%;
| 2) 16-core tigerton: 20%;
| 3) Itanium Montvale: 50%.

Reported-by: "Zhang, Yanmin" <yanmin_zhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<-- snip -->

Can we get that verified and the description updated before it hits
Linus' tree?

Otherwise this "could be related" will become unchangable metadata that
will stay forever - no matter whether there's any relation at all.

Thanks
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed